Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Alison's 2011 Resolution

I'm going to go back to school this year to finish getting my degree, something I have always regretted not doing. To keep balance between my family life and school, I'm going to try to organize my time by creating a timetable that will allow me the time needed to do my schoolwork and have time leftover to spend with my family. I will have to allow flexibility in my schedule, as life happens and that is ok, but for true balance I will need to stick with the timetable as much as possible.

I'm going back to school not only for me but also for my family. In the process, I don't want to forget about them in the middle of everything so I plan on setting aside one evening every week, if not more, which I can dedicate just to my family. I plan to use this time to talk, watch movies, or play games. I also plan to have a date night with my husband every so often to make sure we are still on the same page and connected. Lastly, I plan to delegate responsibilities with the entire family. If we all can work as a team in doing chores around the house it should avoid burnout for me and result in having a happy family for all of us. Wish me luck!!!

Alison

PS. I took this picture when the snow started to fall because it was the first snow we had in Georgia on Christmas Day since 1993.

No comments:

Post a Comment